Wednesday 6 January 2016

Bout of Books 15 Update Day 2

Bout of BooksAnother successful day! Bout of Books is turning out to be very productive this time around! So far I am 2 for 2 (two books in two days).

I didn't feel like picking up The Accidental by Ali Smith again (maybe today will be the day), but I did read two more 'essays' in A Slip of the Keyboard by Terry Pratchett. I don't want to steam through that one, as it is a collection of non-fiction: articles for magazines, speeches, introductions to books, all written by Pratchett. Reading a few a day is going much better as I feel I am getting more out of it than I would if it became a blur. I decided to pick up another book on my TBR pile, Bird Box by Josh Malerman. A good choice for a readathon, because even if I was planning to go to bed early, there was no way I was going to put that book down. Nope, not a chance at all. Besides, it is hard to feel sleepy when feeling freaked out.

Plans for the day:
Celebrate! The matric (final year of high school, whatever you call that where you are) results were released today, and all (100%) of our matrics passed! As I teach at a school for kids with barriers to learning, this is definitely something worth cracking a bottle of champers over!
Read another 2 essays by Pratchett.
Find another book to read, or maybe put a bit more of a dent in Ali Smith.

Day 2 stats:
Books read: 1 (total = 2)
Pages read: 316 (total = 861)

And now for the challenge! Today's challenge is hosted by  Becksa at Ranty Runt of a Reader

Rainbows!

The cover challenge

My indigo is a bit dubious, But then, this isn't an art exam, so I am not too worried. It is in there. You just have to look a bit closely.

The author challenge
All from my book shelves!

R – Rowling, J.K. (Super original. I bet no one else is going to have this one!)

O – Orwell, George

Y – Yancy, Rick (Hmmm, I could read The Infinite Sea today...)

G – Goodkind, Terry (because Neil Gaiman was taken)

B – Bray, Libba (one of the few YA authors I will read for my own enjoyment)

I – Irving, John

V – van der Ruit, John (A home grown writer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment